Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Getting Ready...

We were so ready.  My students had drawn pictures of their favorite part of our presentation on Africa yesterday.  We had written questions to ask our friends at CHAT House in Uganda.  I had charged both my camera batteries and cleared my phone.  I was pacing the floor in excited anticipation of our Skype session.  I had tweeted first thing this morning about how excited I was for my students to meet our friends in Uganda for the first time.  I had prayed we would have no technical difficulties.  When our principal walked in you could only hear the sound of the kids breathing and their papers rattling.

But through reasons none of us could explain, our call failed and we weren't able to talk with them today.  In hopeful anticipation of our technical difficulties being resolved by next Wednesday when we try again to Skype with our friends, I decided to post what I wrote on the evening of our first Skype last year with our CHAT House friends.  

I am excited that my students still have 3 Skypes with these children to look forward to.  Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!

"Let us greet each other with a smile, for a smile is the beginning of love." Mother Teresa

Today I had a small taste of what Mother Teresa was talking about.  Seeing the smiles of the CHAT House children, hearing their answers to our questions, and seeing their joy in action was life changing for me.  I am reminded of why I became a teacher.  I want every child to have the same hope my parents gave me by telling me the story of the Gospel.  Jesus has walked with me every step of my life, and I want all children to have that Gift.  Hope that only Christ can give.

I know as my first graders get to know these children better, they will see how Jesus' Love for all of us connects us.  They will see that His Love for us is the only thing that matters.  

For more information on this amazing ministry organization, please visit www.chattothefuture.ca.

Ellen Deem
February 6, 2015


5 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. I wish you lots of luck on your next attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Ellen. I hope the connection works next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and inspiring. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know ...You can ask your neighbor for tech help.. Haha! I know everyone will be excited to try again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You, Tim Allen

Last fall I was unexpectedly hospitalized twice, resulting in a three and a half month absence from work. I needed a difficult surgery which...